Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Well it is getting to be a bit cold outside.....

Now I realize there are much colder areas in the world than in North Texas in the winter but here we like to dress warmer when there is a chill in the air.  Since it isn't quite as cold as it is in the north we don't need to dress in wool to stay warm.  We can use a lighter type of yarn to give us a bit of warmth.

A friend of mine loves the color purple and she likes to sparkle.  I found this yarn at my local yarn shop The Woolie Ewe and it had her written all over it. 




The yarn is called Tinseltown by Euro Yarns in Purple.  I used size 8 US/ 5 metric needles and knitted garter stitch.  It is a fun yarn to work with and knits up really fast.  My friend really enjoyed receiving her gift and was wearing it when we left dinner last weekend.

Woo hoo one gift given this year for the holiday and it was completed in time....now off to the next project....

No comments:

Post a Comment