Sunday, July 31, 2011

There isn't anything an aunt won't do for their niece.....

One day last spring my niece came up for a visit and saw a hippo at the local yarn store. She really wanted it and so she picked out some yarn from my stash and low and behold three days later, I made this hippo. Now mind you my niece at the time was not even a year old but she is a girl who knows what she wants.

Hippo Front View

Hippo Back View

Hippo Standing

Of course I had to do another view of its backside standing
She did have to wait for the hippo until Easter but she liked the finished product.

Pattern was from Itty-Bitty Toys by Susan B. Anderson.  Unfortunately the yarn was not identifiable because the cats tore the label off of it and I couldn't find it.  It was worsted weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment