Thursday, July 28, 2011

Cool Yarn.....bought on Sale

Well, one day I was at my favorite little yarn store in Plano, Texas called the Woolie Ewe and low and behold there was a yarn sale. Of course I am not one to pass up a yarn sale by any means. So while I was looking I found this really cool cotton yarn. At the time I didn't have a project to go with it but I figured I would find something when the time was right. So while I was looking at patterns for dresses to make for my niece I found a use for that cotton yarn. The project was started on my way back from my niece's 1st birthday and became my new car project. It took me a couple of weeks but it was completed over the July 4th weekend.

Completed Front of the Dress Size 12mo-3 yrs

Back of dress

Knitted Rose

Lace Detail at the bottom of the dress

Close view of the dress with the rose as a broach
I also knitted the rose one evening at mom's house while I was watching a movie..I figured she could put it in her hair or use it as a broach.

The pattern was Emma's dress pattern from KnitPicks.com. Knitted with Jarbo Garn super soft cotton color 8866 Party 85138

1 comment: