Friday, January 24, 2014

Shopping....Shopping....Shopping

Well as part of my holiday knitting I thought I would do my part for saving the environment.  So I knitted a variety of shopping/market bags.  These were fun to make and are completely washable.  As you can see below the handle is nice and wide, so it will withstand quite a load.  The bag itself is knitted like mesh so it will stretch quite well to hold quite a bit.

I used this pattern for the shopping bags and it was really easy to follow and fun to knit:
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/ilene-bag





This shopping bag was for my sister.  I made it with Gedifra Licati 1823 (84% cotton/16% Polymide, 50g/60m) using two different circular needle sizes.  The base and sides use a US 9 (5.5 mm) and the top and handle use a US 7 (4.5 mm).

As you can see the cat enjoys the bag as well ;)

I also made a variety of bags using two different colors as you can see below.

 

This shopping bag was for my sister-in law in Europe.  I went with neutral colors because I thought that the color combination was nice.  I used Knit Picks Cotton Dishi yarn (100% cotton, 100 g/190 yds, 4.5 sts= 1") in Linen and Coffee using two different circular needle sizes.  The base and sides use a US 9 (5.5 mm) and the top and handle use a US 7 (4.5 mm).






This shopping bag was for my aunt.  I went with her favorite color red.  I really liked the color combination.  I used Knit Picks Cotton Dishi yarn (100% cotton, 100 g/190 yds, 4.5 sts= 1") in Linen and Fiesta Red using two different circular needle sizes.  The base and sides use a US 9 (5.5 mm) and the top and handle use a US 7 (4.5 mm).




This shopping bag was for my mom.  I went with a beautiful shade of blue which reminds me of the water.  It also turned out really nice.  I used Knit Picks Cotton Dishi yarn (100% cotton, 100 g/190 yds, 4.5 sts= 1") in Linen and Azure using two different circular needle sizes.  The base and sides use a US 9 (5.5 mm) and the top and handle use a US 7 (4.5 mm).

So now the ladies are ready to go shopping......I have two more that I am working on but I will post them after I finish them.

On to the next project.......

No comments:

Post a Comment