Thursday, January 23, 2014

Oh My How Time Flies.......

So now that the holiday knitting season is over and almost everyone has received their gifts it is time to start posting the results!!!!

So let me start by saying this has been a fun holiday knitting season with a variety of projects....but let me start out with the hats....

I believe this year was the year of the Minion hat.....for I think I knitted six of them....so if you are in Europe you may see a few of them especially around the French, German, and Swiss border ;).  These hats used a bit of crochet in addition to the knitting.  The crochet was used for the eyes and goggle bands as well as the mouths. 

The pattern was found here:  http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/despicable-me-minion-hat-2

As you can see here they came in a variety of shapes and sizes.




This hat was completed with Knit Picks Swish Worsted yarn (100% Superwash Merino Wool/123 Yards/5.5 sts=1") in Honey with accents in Black, White and Cobblestone Heather.








 These hats were created with Knit Picks Brava yarn (100% Premium Acrylic/100g/218 yds/4.5-5 sts=1") in Canary for the main portion of the hat with accents in Black, White, and Cobblestone Heather.

So, I have a bit of practice now with Minion Hats.....now on to the next project!!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment