Friday, October 18, 2013

A Bit Of Fun for Little Halloween Costumes

Ah, the fall has finally arrived to North Texas this week and it has been a wonderful relief.  I have been busy knitting especially since the holidays are going to be soon upon us, but I have not blogged in a little while and for that I apologize.  However, you should see a few projects starting with this post.  

A couple of weeks ago I finished this project for one of my friends at work.  We were looking at patterns and a picture came up of a minion hat and she asked me if I would make one for her nephew.  They are planning for him to wear it at Halloween.  It looked like a fun project so I said of course.

This project was intriguing, because it used not only knitting but also some crochet.  I haven't crocheted in a while so it was fun to try and remember how again.  I used some lovely yarn I found online from Knit Picks.  



I used their Brava Worsted Yarn in Canary, Black, Cobblestone Heather and White.  It is an acrylic yarn knitted on size US 8 needles. 

I am now off to knit the next costume project...you know Halloween is upon us!

No comments:

Post a Comment