Monday, June 3, 2013

Ah...Finally a Project That I didn't Tear My Hair Out For......

I am thankful to say I must be getting better at reading and interpreting written patterns.  Because I am amazed that I actually started a pattern that didn't give me troubles and the project actually turned out pretty good.....

Of course this project has a story as most do......

My sister picked up this pattern three years ago as her first project as a new knitter.  She wanted to learn how to knit and of course instead of starting small she decides she wants to start with this pattern.....I looked at her like she was nuts....my best friend looked at her like she was nuts....and yet she was determined to do this pattern.  So I picked up a copy for myself just in case she needed some help. 

I think she has since given up on knitting for now.  She has a toddler and not just a normal toddler...this kid is everywhere and always has been since birth.  You know most babies are bundled up when they are born and sleep all the time.....not this kid....she was stretched out and lifting her head from day one....nothing stops this kid until she passes out on the floor like a car that finally runs out of gas.... 

So I came across the pattern and some yarn I had bought for it out of my stash and decided I would make it for my mom for her birthday. 

Here is how it turned out:






The pattern is from Louisa Harding, Fade to Grey pattern Livvy using US 7 (4.5mm) and US 8 (5mm) needles with Louisa Harding's hand beaded Grace yarn (31% Silk, 31% Merino Wool, 8% Polyester and 30% Glass Beads).  The yarn comes in 50 g hanks (74 yrds/67.5 mtrs).  I highly recommend the yarn and the pattern both were very easy to work with.

Of course I finished it over Memorial Day weekend and my mom couldn't wait to have it for her birthday so she has it already ;). 

On to the next project.......

No comments:

Post a Comment