Thursday, October 6, 2011

New Babies

Well this spring I was visiting with my family and my sister comes to me and says a friend of ours is having a baby.  Of course this makes me really happy because babies are the best in my book.  I started thinking...what should I knit for this baby.  Of course my sister already beat me to the punch and asked me to knit her a camel.  See her husband is from Libya and the camel is very important to their way of life and they really wanted one for the babies room but were having a difficult time finding one.  So I said I would see what I could do.  I began my search of the pattern enriched environment called the Internet....I was not finding anything that I really wanted to use as a pattern for this project.  So I kept searching.....  One day I was at my favorite yarn store looking for patterns of camels and not having any luck when I decided to ask one of the ladies there.  They said oh yes we have a pattern let me go get the book.  Unfortunately the book was out of stock but she said if I would buy the book she would make me a copy of the pattern and then I could get started on it right away.  So I did....

The completed camel for Kaden.  I even knitted a little heart on his chest.


View of the camel from the front.


View from the other side.

Kaden was born on Tuesday October 4, 2011.  Katie and Nezar are so excited to have Kaden here finally.  The new family is doing well and should be coming home soon.  Another baby project was actually completed before the baby was born. ;-)

The pattern used was from Toy Knits by Debbie Bliss.  I used Plymouth Yarn's Baby Boutique yarn color 08, 05, 04, 07.  The fiber content is 50% Microfiber and 50% Nylon.  The camel turned out pretty good and definitely cuddly...but I might go with a stiffer yarn for a standing stuffed animal because this yarn is a little too soft for a stable camel.

Now I am off to knit another project....hmmmm maybe more socks ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment